Friday, July 04, 2014

up the junction

Squeeze:Live at the O2 Academy, Glasgow, Scotland; November 23, 2010. [soundboard]
Me & Cath spent a couple of days in Harrogate.We returned home tonight.
Harrogatians  are gearing up for the Tour De France, which starts tomorrow
Here are a few of my photos.
The Tour comes near  my house in Hebden Bridge on Sunday.Hopefully some more photos from that next week?
.Two  intial thought.....
The hotel me & Cath stayed in last night cost us £89.
We stopped in the St George's Hotel
[On the other side of the road, was where we saw T-Bone Burnett & Elvis Costello play live at in The Royal Hall on the 9th November 1984 .]
Tonight the same room will cost some poor soul  £325 per night!(Le Tour goes through Harrogate both days.It's something of a "hub")
Plus,my house is 50 yards from the Hebden Bridge route on Sunday,what a shame I didnt get me a UKIP flag during the recent elections.Had I one,I would wave it with vigour this weekend....
This weekend in Yorkshire Bike Riding appears to be "the new Rock & Roll" (as opposed to football or tennis...*sniggers*) Only fair then,I should share the best ever Rock N Roll video about Cycling.I give you Wild Billy Childish and The Buff Medways...............
..............Eat Your Heart Out Bradley Wiggins..

We have talk of 30,000 folk turning up in Hebden Bridge on Sunday to watch the tour de france.Hebden Bridge is known as "the lesbian capital of Britain".It is illegal for women to take part in the Tour.[DISCUSS] [above-press to play]Elvis Presley/Heartbreak Hotel:Live at the Freedom Hall, Johnson City, Tennessee; March 17, 1976.
n.b. you can hear the entire (good quality) Johnson City 1976 concert here

All The Young Dudes

  Me ,in white,  throwing some glorious "Sid Viscous Shapes" :)