Saturday, July 30, 2011

All Aboard The Brighton Line


It's My Birthday today! Looks Like I'm travelling The Brighton Line for the next 12 months!
I got to Harrogate Turkish Baths at 9 am this morning.Above is a photo Chris took of me there.
Last night I went with some of the Lads from The Rochdale Hamam for a Birthday Curry in Whitworth.
[This Time next Year Rochdale Turkish Baths Will have been knocked down.I have been going there for 28 years..what will I be  doing  then?]
This afternoon I went with Cath & Chris to The Stubbin Wharfe Pub in Hebden Bridge for a meal.
Click here for some more photos.

Italian Mick was due to finish my plumbing today in my place in Italy.Now it's already 80% complete (even before today) which might sound fine , but 20% missing  is a worry if you need a "#2" when you go powder your nose, if you get my drift............
Once that's sorted out ,I can invite people over to stay in it + help.Me & Phil The Ex-Fireman should be going over to Pennedomo late August..to start internal decorating.
The 3rd week in September I return again to Abruzzo to help Mick & Shelley with a LA VITA Italian Workshop.

If Push Comes To Shove; I Love This Bit Of Popery Above All Other.Think Of It as A Birthday Gift To Myself.............Is this the power peace
Or merely the connection
?

My Sepia Saturday post is on my Hebden Bridge blog this week.
.........In Sociology, the Harrogate Effect pertains to occasions where something awful happens to someone in the company of a group, but no one does anything to help. The phenomenon was first observed by the renowned sociologist Jeremy Clarkson on a visit to the town in 1987. On that occasion, a child laid dying in the street whilst Clarkson and a number of the town's residents stood around giving the child a severe ticking off for increasing traffic congestion and lowering house prices. .........[read more]

15 comments:

Brian Miller said...

nice...i enjoyed the vid/song man...i hope you get that 20% fixed before dinner settles...smiles...have a great birthday!

Anonymous said...

Great music! Have a very happy birthday : )

Martin said...

Belated birthday wishes, Tony. Great post, classy music.

Akelamalu said...

Happy Birthday Tony!

21 Wits said...

Great stuff as always, nice music and hope your birthday was everything you wanted it to be!

Betsy Brock said...

Nice! Looks like a great way to celebrate. Hope your 20% is finished soon! Happy Birthday, dear! xo

Bruno Laliberté said...

happy birthday again. all i can say is that you have about a year to find a new place to give them your patronage...
good hunting!!
:)~
HUGZ

Kurt said...

Happy 70th, Tony!

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Happy Birthday! I'll be rude enough to ask....how old are you now?

Teresa Evangeline said...

Happy birthday, Tony! Have a splendid celebration.

tony said...

Thank You For Your Good Wishes."Brighton Line"=59 !

Alan Burnett said...

Happy birthday mate.

Joanne Casey said...

belated happy Birthday Tony!! Hope you enjoyed!

white rabbit said...

Happy Birthday! Funny place Harrogate! Lived there donkey's years ago.

chachaberry said...

happy birthday 12 days ago!!! one of the best days of the year!! :)

Phil's Birthday

  My friend of 60 years Phil got married just a week ago to Iris . (He died last Sunday ) .  Today was Phil's Birthday . We went o...